Last Updated: May 13, 2019
SECURITY AND PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
The security of your personal information is extremely important to us, and we take steps to protect the security and privacy of personal information you share with us. This includes using a technology called secure sockets layer (ssl), which encrypts (or encodes) sensitive information before it is sent over the internet. In general, though, information transmitted through the internet may not be perfectly secure, and Ingredients Matter cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. We encourage you to protect the security of your account, and recommend the following (although this is not a comprehensive list of the actions you should take to secure your computer, other devices, and Ingredients Matter account):
- Protect your computer and mobile devices with passwords or other security measures, such as fingerprint or facial identification security, and do not share passwords with others, including your Ingredients Matter password.
- Review your Ingredients Matter account and contact us immediately if you suspect that there has been unauthorized use of your account, or if you don’t recognize information or activity on your account.
- Maintain antivirus software on your devices to help prevent malware and viruses, and promptly install any available security updates.
- Make sure you log out of your account, particularly when using any public devices.
- Use complex passwords and do not use the same password for multiple websites.
We will never request your credit card information or password in an email. If you receive such a request, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information:
- When you provide it to us by subscribing to our email newsletter, registering for an account, or making or attempting to make a purchase.
- When you provide it to us in connection with a survey, contest, or promotion.
- When you post content on the Website or on our social media sites.
- When you communicate with us either electronically or by telephone.
- From third parties we have engaged to assist with the operation of our business, including social media sites, analytics companies, and advertising networks.
- Automatically when you visit the Website through the use of one or more of the following technologies:
- “Cookies”, which are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files”, which track actions occurring on the Website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels,” which are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Website.
We collect the following types of information, which we may combine:
- Personally identifying information, including contact and demographic information such as your name, email address, phone number, address, gender, zip code and date of birth.
- Information specific to your orders, including billing and shipping addresses and your order history.
- Portions of your credit card information, however we do not have access to your entire credit card number, which is available only to our payment processor.
- Your preferences, including your contact and marketing preferences, and your interest in particular products or categories.
- Your reviews, postings, and other submissions.
- Information regarding your device and browsing information, including information about your phone, tablet, computer, or device, and online browsing activity (collectively, “automatically collected information”). Automatically collected information may include IP addresses, unique device identifiers, cookie identifiers, device and browser settings and information, and Internet service provider information. Automatically collected information also may include information about when and how you access and use our Website, such as the date and time of your visit or use, the websites you visit before coming and after leaving our Website, how you navigate and what you search for using our Website, the Website pages and items you view using our Website, and the items you purchase.
- Certain non-personally identifiable information about your use of the Website, such as how frequently certain areas of the Website are visited.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information for a variety of business purposes including to:
- Fulfill any orders placed through the Website (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
- Respond to you or otherwise communicate with you, both now and in the future.
- Track email invitations you send.
- Maintain your account and order history.
- Personalize your experience with us, including remembering your interests and preferences, and customizing products and services we share with you, track and categorize your activity and interests on our Website, and otherwise enriching your experience on our Website.
- Provide you with information or advertising related to our products or services, including remarketing and targeting advertising, as described below.
- Help us screen for potential risk or fraud (in particular, your IP address), although we do not guarantee that this screening will intercept every case of fraud.
- Generally improve and optimize the Website (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Website, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
- Operate and improve upon our business and lawful business activities; to maintain our programs, accounts, and records; for research; to determine your satisfaction with our products and services; to detect and prevent fraud or misuse of our services; and for any other business purpose that is permitted by law.
- Accomplish legal and safety purposes, such as to defend or protect us, our customers, you, or third parties, from harm or in legal proceedings; protect our rights; protect our security and the security of our customers, employees, and property; respond to court orders, lawsuits, subpoenas, and government requests; address legal and regulatory compliance; and notify you of product recalls or safety issues.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Generally, we do not sell your information to third parties, except in connection with a potential business transaction specifically set forth below. However, we may share your information with third parties for other purposes, as follows:
- We use Shopify to power our online store - you can read more about how Shopify uses your information at https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other information, which assists us in improving our online services and offerings.
- We use third party companies for remarketing and targeted advertising purposes, as described below.
- Beyond those described above, we engage other third parties to help us operate our business, such as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending mail and email, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links, processing credit card payments and providing customer services. Such third parties will have access to your information if needed to perform their functions, but they may not use your information for other purposes.
- We may share your information with parties to a business transaction, such as a party to a merger, acquisition, joint venture, sale of assets, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution, bankruptcy, liquidation, or other types of business transactions. In these types of transactions, personal information may be shared, sold, or transferred, and it may be used subsequently by a third party.
- We may share your information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights or to prevent harm or fraud, or otherwise protect the safety of our customers, employees, and other third parties.
- We may share your information with third parties upon your request or with your approval, though we may not be able to accommodate all requests.
As mentioned above, we work with third party companies which place advertisements across the Internet, track and categorize your activity and interests over time on our Website, and on third party websites and mobile applications, and to identify the different device(s) you use to access websites and mobile applications. We share information with these companies, and these companies may collect information - including automatically collected information when you use our Website as described above. These third party companies also may possess or obtain information about you from your interactions with the third party companies, other websites, mobile applications, or companies that the third party companies work with, or from your interactions with advertisements the third party companies help to display to you. The information that these companies collect or that we share may be used to customize or personalize the advertisements that are displayed to you. We may share personal information with the third party companies we work with for our purposes, though in general we do not share personal information about you with third parties for third party marketing or advertising purposes. We may also share other information in our discretion, including automatically collected information, which may be used by third parties for third party marketing, advertising, and other purposes.
For more information about how targeted advertising works and to change your preferences, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at http://optout.aboutads.info/.
USER POSTS / PRODUCT REVIEWS / SHARE THIS
YOUR CHOICES AND ACCESS REQUESTS
- You can choose not to provide information to us, although it may prevent you from taking advantage of some of the features of the Website, including placing orders.
- If you wish not to receive our emails you may remove yourself from our list by logging into your account, and modifying your email delivery options. By registering with soapisback.com, you are automatically subscribed to our email communications, but may choose to opt out at any time.
- Most browsers can be set to prevent cookies or to notify you when one is being placed. It is not necessary to have cookies turned on to visit our Website, but without them, your access to some areas may be limited and certain features, including shopping features, may not be available to you.
- By logging onto your account you have access to and can modify your personal contact information, account information, order information, and email and notification settings.
- If you have any problems accessing your information, or would like to request additional information or have questions regarding your information, please contact us using the information below.
- You can manage the security settings and privacy options of the social media platforms and networks you use to understand your choices regarding sharing information from those platforms, as well as certain targeted advertising as described above.
NOTICES AND DISCLOSURES
- Do Not Track Signals. Please note that we do not alter our Website’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
- Privacy of Children. Ingredients Matter does not knowingly request or collect personal information from any person under 18 years of age. If you believe that your child under the age of 18 has submitted personal information to Ingredients Matter in connection with the Website without verifiable parental consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can take steps to delete the personal information that she or he provided.
- California Privacy Rights.California law entitles residents to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information we share with third parties for third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Unless you request us to or consent to us doing so, Ingredients Matter does not sell any personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. If you have questions about these practices, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Linked Sites. Our Website may provide links to other Internet sites, content or videos (embedded or direct links) maintained by third parties. We are not responsible for the sites, content, or videos accessed via the links, and we have not reviewed the privacy practices of those third parties. We encourage you to review the privacy practices of those third parties.
Ingredients Matter does not ship to locations outside of the United States, and makes commercially reasonable attempts not to collect or retain personal information regarding residents outside of the United States. If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us by using the information below. Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that if we have processed your information despite our efforts not to collect it, we have done so to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
By using the Website, you agree that the laws of the state of Minnesota, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern this Policy and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and Ingredients Matter.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-800-901-9576 or by mail using the details provided below:
Ingredients Matter, LLC
1000 Superior Boulevard Suite 301
Wayzata, MN 55391
If you’d rather not shop online, and would prefer to make your purchase via telephone, please call 1-800-901-9576.
We last modified this Policy on May 13, 2019, which is the effective date of this Policy.